Melbourne event: $1 Day clothes swap
Public event – everyone welcome.
Where: Some Velvet Morning, 123 Queens Parade, Clifton Hill VIC 3068
When: Monday, 30 May: 17:30 – 21:00
We’re hosting a clothes swap and raising money for OxfamAustralia’s $1 Day.
Here’s how it works:
1. Clean out your wardrobe. Rid yourself of anything you no longer wear. De-cluttering is the new form of mindfulness, don’t you know. Got nothing you want to rid yourself of? No worries, there is a special instruction for you in point 4.
2. Bring your clothes to either myself (Lisa) or Kate prior to the event on the 30 May. We’ll organise and hang everything out so that your shopping on the night is easy and care free. (PM us from the link below for details on where to deposit your clothes).
3. Send this invite to all your friends. The more people we have, the more money we can raise and the more skirts/ shirts/ shoes etc. we have to shop from!
4. Attend the event on Mon 30 May. All we ask is that those who have donated clothes to swap pay a gold coin entry fee. Those who have no clothes to swap, that’s fine too – just pay what you think the items you pick up are worth. It doesn’t have to be much – just think of us an opshop.
5. Bring some extra coin along to the event and treat yourself to a a glass of wine, beer or maybe even some mulled wine. All drinks will be $5 and all profit will go to the $1 Day campaign. We’ll have music and a fun atmosphere to accompany your clothes swap experience.
6. A special call out to all you gentlemen!! We’ll have a rack specially for you too – but remember – the more clothes you each donate, the more you’ll have to shop from!
7. Drink, shop and be merry. It may be a Monday night, but Monday nights are made for drinking. Amirite?
And that’s it! Of course, if you can’t make it on the night – a general donation to our fundraising page would be much appreciated: https://onedollarday.giveeasy.org/campaigns/1-day-lisa/
Hosted by Kate and Lisa.